I got my first BPI Family Bank Savings Account in 2008 when I was still in the BPO. Our Payroll account was also with BPI, but I wanted to keep my savings in a separate account so I opened another one. During those days, I had no idea about online banking yet, so what I would normally do was withdraw money from my BPI Payroll Account, then go to the bank, line up and wait for several minutes or even hours to deposit it to my other BPI Family Bank Savings Account.
I worked on a graveyard shift and I remembered how I battled with sleepiness while waiting for my queue number to be flashed on the screen or to be called by the bank teller whenever I had to go to the bank to deposit money. I would just play on my cellphone or read something just to keep me awake.
It was a hassle. It was inconvenient. The time I spent going and waiting at the bank was really a waste of time. The time that I wished I just spent sleeping and resting after a long night shift at work. But I had no choice. All I thought was that’s the only way to do it. And that’s exactly what I had been doing for the next few years.
Three years later, while at work, one of my colleagues asked me if we already have our salary credited to our account. I said no because I haven’t been to the ATM (machine) to check the balance on my ATM card. Then he said, “seriously, you still go to the ATM just to check your current balance?” I simply answered “yes” because that’s seriously the only way I knew of. He laughed at me and that’s when he told me about online banking with BPI Family Bank Online or BPI Express Online.
I was embarrassed that I didn’t know about online banking, but I actually felt skeptic about it at first. I thought that it may not be safe because it’s online, what if it’s hacked, or what if my computer or device is infected with a virus, you know, all those stuff, were kind of bothering me that time.
So it took me a few more months to get convinced that online banking was indeed the best way to do banking transactions, especially if I’m just going to check my account balance.
I explored the features of BPI Express Online, from checking my balance, to transferring funds from one account to another, paying bills online, and even funding investments online.
I was really grateful that I knew about BPI Family Bank Online. It saved a lot of my time. It’s very convenient and the BPI Expressonline site itself and the mobile app are very user-friendly. I didn’t have a hard time using it. In fact I’m so deeply in love with it. BPI is my number 1 bank ever!
Sorry for the long intro. I hope you’re still scrolling through this page. 🙂
So here are the 5 Reasons why I love BPI Family Bank Online:
- BPI Express Deposit Machine – I can deposit money to my account or other people’s account real time, with or without the actual ATM card, as long as I have the Card Number and JAI. It saves me a lot of time because I don’t have to wait in the queue to deposit money. All I do most of the time is go straight to the BPI Express Deposit Machine, usually located at the back corner of the bank, which is underused by a lot of people, and makes wonder to some of us who know the “time-saving” power of this little machine. Try it (if you haven’t already), you’ll surely know what I’m talking about. 🙂
- BPI Express Online – Like I mentioned earlier, online banking is the most convenient way to transfer funds to other accounts and I do it with BPI Express Online. I can also pay my bills online, including our Meralco bill, Manila Water, Sun Postpaid plan, PLDT, Sky Cable. All of it! I can’t imagine going to their offices one by one or even at the Payment Centers just to pay all these bills manually or the traditional way. Such a waste of time and effort.
Not only that, whenever I have extra funds or income, I can also fund my small investment in the stock market online by transferring the fund from my BPI Savings Account to my COL Financial Account through BPI Express Online.
Yes, there’s no need to go to the Bank of the Philippine Islands or the COL Financial Business Center just to fund your stock market investment account.
- BPI Mobile Banking – Before I learned about mobile banking, I would normally enroll other people’s account to my BPI Express Online account, then I print the enrollment form, and submit it personally to the bank to have it activated. Once it’s activated, I can then transfer funds to that account online anytime, anywhere.
With BPI Mobile Banking, there’s no need to enroll other people’s account anymore, thus no need to go to the bank to activate the enrollment. All we need to do is enter the account number of the person or company where we want to transfer the funds to and voila, it’s done. Just take a screenshot of the transaction or confirmation, send it to the person via email, viber, of FB messenger, and you’re all set!
- BPI Express Assist Online – Have you heard of BEA Online? Well, this is my second best option (plan B) in the event that the BPI Express Machine is offline or none is available in the area where I need to deposit money.
BPI Express Assist Online is one of the features of BPI Family Bank Online through BPI Express Online that allows us to schedule an appointment online so that when we go to the bank, we don’t have to line up to get the queue number from the BEA Online facility, and just wait instead for our queue number to be flashed on the screen. Click BPI Express Assist Online for the step-by-step process of setting an appointment online.
- BPI Cards – I remember the time when my colleagues were convincing me to apply for a BPI credit card, and I firmly declined and said “I’m never going to use a credit card ever!” And obviously it was a lie because I got my first BPI credit card a few months later, which I first used a couple more months later.
I started to use it to book flights, to buy stuff on installments basis, then earn points and perks. I love BPI’s perks promise! We’ve had lots perks from Jollibee, Chowking, Pizza Hut, Greenwhich, and other merchants because of my BPI Credit Card.
I’m just thankful that I manage to use it wisely and pay my bills ON TIME or even before its due date. I hate late payments. I hate paying extra charges. It’s a waste of money. And I know BPI loves me for that.
Paying my BPI credit card bills is not an issue for me because I can also do it online. As long as there’s enough balance on my savings account, in just a few clicks, my credit card bill is paid right there and then. No need to go out of the house, go to the bank, line up, waste time, spend money for transpo. With online banking, everything can be done at home or wherever you are if the need be, and it’s all done.
I need not explain further. I’m sure by now you already know why BPI is still my number 1 bank.
Btw, I also have various how-to video tutorials about BPI which you can find here – Pinay Investor YouTube Channel.
Let me know what you think about BPI or feel free to share with us your BPI online banking experience.